Wednesday 17 February 2010

Oliver Stone- ' I never had any plans to make a wall street sequel'

The original movie was released back in 1987, & was an instant hit, but Stone had no intention of taking the project further until he was given a script.
In an interview with Empire Oliver Stone said: "I had really not wanted to do a sequel. But then the crash happened, and the producer of the original movie came to me with a screenplay that I liked, which really addresses the issue of the crash. It started with Gordon Gekko getting out of jail and it hooked me.

"And it has this three-generation structure which I really liked. Gordon is in his sixties, Josh Brolin’s is in his forties and we have Shia’s character in his twenties.

"Carey Mulligan plays Shia’s fiancee and Gordon’s daughter. So she’s really the hook. The question is, I suppose, how does Gordon get back into the game? He’s an ex-con so it’s very hard. How he does it is very tricky and very surprising."

Lets Hope the sequel lives up to the original, There are a lot of Hard-Core fans out there!
What are your thoughts?????
nullWall Street: Also Includes Talk Radio - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment